Monday, August 22, 2011

So I left working on the boats to meet up with Kelly in Brisbane. Hard to leave the Whit sundays and all my friends cause they were all so amazing. So I flew down to Brisbane. Got off the plane then realized I had no clue where to go. Walked around inside, outside, back inside., found a lady and asked "where do i go to find out how I can get to the place I want to go?" Really stupid question but I didnt know how to work it any better. So she directed me to the bus terminal where they do shuttle buses to hostils. How convinient! So i make it to the hostil and start checking in when I hear someone running towards me. And sure enough Kelly is wrapped around me! I was so happy and excited and a little emotional! So overwhelmed, but in a good way. She was wearing a Tee Shirt that said Canadian drinking Team and handed me one!! I was number 1 and she was number 3. She said she just liked that number. So she walks me back to her room and I ask which bed is hers and she points to the one around the corner which happens to have KERRY ANDERSON (best friend if you don't know her)  LYING FACE DOWN WEARING THE NUMBER TWO CANADIAN DRINKING TEAM SHIRT!! I COMPLETELY LOST IT. NOT REALLY SURE WHAT HAPPENED FOR THE NEXT 30 MINS OTHER THEN THE PART ON VIDEO (yes they got a video) I WAS SCREAMING FIRST THEN I THINK I KEPT SAYING F NO, F NO... THEN OHH MAN OHH MANN!! THEN I COULDNT BREATH. THEN I MAY HAVE STARTED CRYING AND LAUGHING AND SCREAMING AND HUGGING HER. (still not really believe this was happening< wait till you see the video, you"ll understand then) (and yes all of this has to be in caps cause i was that excited) AND THIS JUST KEPT REPEATING FOR A WHILE. About an hour after I would say I kind of composed myself. Still don't know how i didnt realize she was coming, beacuse apparently everyone at home knew. Good on you guys for keeping it a secret! Best surprise of my entire life. Don't think much more could beat that! So we went to Byron Bay together (although they had jsut gone there the two of them the day before, it was something we ahd to do all together!!). Byron was amazing as usual. I tried teaching them how to surf which was great fun. And I was able to surf again! Which I had been missing since living on an island. From Byron Bay we headed backto Brisbane for a night then off to Noosa. In Noosa they went down to the Australia Zoo ( I had already been and its expensive)  and I went on a coastal and rainforest walk with a girl named Alexis we met in our room. It was amazing. We were constantly looknig for Koalas (which we never found) that by the end of the walk our necks hurt so bad! Though we did find a Goanna (google it) which I almost steped on which looking for a koala. There about 2 and a half feet long. The next day I took Kelly and Kerry on the same walk because it was so gorgeous. After Noosa we headed to Rainbow beach just for the night. Didn't really have time to do much there. Then we made out way to 1770/Agnes Waters and did Scooter Roo (its a tour on Scooters that have been made to look like little choppers) It was fun to get back on a so called bike but sketchy to be around so many people who have never riden in there life. People cutting you off everywhere. I think the 3 of us were a little ... aggrivated by the end of the trip. But it was a beautiful ride none the less. From there we headed to my long lost home Airlie. I was so happy to be back. And I got to see every one from the island again. The first night everyone was in Airlie for Bens birthday. One fo the days we did a day trip out to the reef for snorkeling and to go to white haven. It was so hard to actually pay for a trip since I never had before because I was the host on the boat. But it was well worth it. The food on the boat we went on was great and it was a really nice boat aswell. We would have gone on my boat but it wasnt going out the days we were there. So now I fianlly had to say my goodbyes to Cissi (Who I had been with since February) and Glen ( My deck hand who I had been with constantly for a month and a half). So I miss them heaps but hopefully will see them again, fingers crossed! After spending a few days in Airlie we went to Magnetic Island. Gorgeous place. Stayed there for 2 nights. Did some hikes, snorkeling, went for a run and some swims, saw some Wallabies (they look like little kangaroos) and saw some turtles. I won 10 free nights at a hostil called base which is located all over Australia in a dance competition. Loads of fun. The first participated aswell and won free drinks. From there we went over to Mission beach. Not a whole lot there but we did go WHITE WATER RIVER RAFTING, WITH WAS LEGIT! Probably the best thing I paid for in Australia! The three of us had such a blast. Doing all this crazy stuff. I think Im hooked and will have to go at home for sure! Got some really funny pictures. Im sure one of the girls will post them on Facebook really soon. So crossed that one off my list of 50 things and more things to do before I die. So we finally made it to Cairns (our destination). There we went out on a boat and did SCUBA DIVING (okay this and rafting tie for best thing to do in Australia). We started snorekling for the first 25 mins waiting for our turn to go out to the reef scuba diving. Then went Scuba diving for like half an hour. And it was amazing. Felt like Ariel. Saw NEMO!!! but the best experience. So be able to stay under water. And the coarals and fish were amazing! So colourful and bright and awesomely shaped. There was this one fish that wsa black and probably almost my size swimming right beside us. And the water was super clear. Until my googles started to fog up. And there wasnt really anything I could do. But could still see. Pheww! After scuba diving we went to Green isalnd for a little then back to the boat and did more snorkling. So this was the girls last night before they were gonig to fly back to Brisbane. And we had a big night planned out, but then I got the flu... erghh. No fun so I ended up saying goodbyt to them in the worst state possible I think. But I had the best time ever with them. Im sure they will tell you even more stories but i dont have the time to write them all. Still can't believe they both came all the way to see me. BEST FRIENDS EVER!! They totally made my trip. So they left and I managed to get work at a Cattle station called Kroombit (uits where backpackers go to get the "farm experience") So ill be getting there in a weeks time. Before hand thoguh I met up with some people and were going to do a road trip to Cape Tribulation and Port Douglas and Townsville. Them im going to bus down to Rockhampton where the farm is and they are going to continue there trip. So super happy everything has fallen into place once again. Cause before the girls were leaving I had no clue what I was going to do! But all is well. I will update you soon about the road trip and the farm. Much love. Jess♥

1 comment: