Saturday, January 7, 2012

Cairns

I've been living in Cairns since the 19th of December. Beth had a job opportunity over here working at Tribal travel (a backpackers travel agency) The owner Erryn and her 2 kids (Jarrod and Dolly)  had come to Kroombit and thats how Beth knew them. We been staying at the same hostel as them as Erryns been looking for a house. Today she finally found one and I believe we move in On Jan 13th ish. So they are very exsited to be able to finally settle in somewhere. Ive been loving living at the hostel cause its close tothe city and my new place of work. Ive been working at the Pier Bar and Grill as a bar tender. So I'm there pretty much everyday working either day or night shifts, some times both. Trying to save my money before i come home. I fly out of Cairns on Feb 4th to Sydney. Then from Sydney i fly home on the 8th of Feb. I've been tryign to make the best of my time left in Australia. I did a Bungee Jump on boxing day. It wasn't planned or anything, i went to watch Jarrod jump and ended up doing it myself. It was intense and so fun. I loved it. Such a thrill. I posted the video on facebook today. Take a look, its halarious I just scream the whole time. I also did a cape tribulation trip where we get to go to see all the amazing views there. Swamin a creek, went on a crocodile tour and go for a walk in the rainforest. One day we also went to Tjapukai. Its where you learn all about the aboriginals and there way of life. You get to throw boomerangs and a spear. Christmas here was amazing. We all got gifts for each other and put them under this little christmas tree at the hostel. The kids were lovign it. I dont think ive ever had christmas with kids around so it was pretty cool. They were so excited. I got a sailor hat, a bracelet, a ring, a journal and a shirt. I got spoiled for sure. It was good fun. Later on we went to another hostel for a big lunch with prawns and loads of other foods. That night we went to the Lagoon and hung out telling each other our traditions. Athena and her friend Anne were here for christmas which was great. Since christmas ive been working full time in the bar so New Years thats where i was. Probably a good thing too. Making money instead of spending it. Other then that stuff Ive been spending time at the travel shop with everyone and hanging out at the lagoon in my spare time. Im off to work now but will keep you posted. Much love. ♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment